The Scottish Heritage Society of North Central West Virginia is a community-based organization committed to fostering interest in and exchanging information about north central West Virginia’s strong Scottish and Celtic cultural roots. The organization sponsors various local events and also coordinates information about regional events.
The Society is a 501 (c)3 not-for-profit corporation. The Society's Form 990 filing is available on request from Treasurer Scott Burnside by email at ScottishHeritageWV@gmail.com.
The Society has been building a small library of books related to Scottish history, Scottish and Irish genealogy, and West Virginia regional genealogy. The books are used in various presentations, as sometimes at the Festival’s Genealogy tent, but the books may also be checked out by Society members.
The Library is maintained by Bill MacLean. His home email address is email@example.com and home telephone is 304-842-0370.
The Library’s holdings, grouped by subject, are:
Scottish and Irish History
- Castles of the Clans, Coventry
- Clans and Families of Ireland and Scotland, Cairney
- In Search of Ancient Scotland, Ruzicki
- Scottish Clan & Family Encyclopedia, Way/Plean
- Scottish Clans and Tartans, Grant
- Tartan for Me! – Suggested Tartans for Scottish, Scotch-Irish, Irish andNorth American Surnames, Smith
- The Book of Ulster Surnames
West Virginia History
- History of Monongalia County
- History of Wetzel County
- History of Barbour County
- A History of Preston County
- Our Place in History – Southwestern Preston County
- History of the Ten Mile Country
- Scottish Roots – A Step-by-Step Guide for Ancestor Hunters, James
- Discovering Your Scottish Ancestors, Jones/Milner